Help,problem with navigation bar(java code

Help
Jim Stam
2010-09-05
2013-04-26
  • Jim Stam

Jim Stam - 2010-09-05

Hello there,i am programming a code in java (in  netbeans) for playing media files with xine.The problem is that when a media file is playing,i want to have the option to hear some parts of the music with the help of a navigation bar.Is there a method in lib-xine which will offer me methods like skipping some secs or minutes of a song or fast forward the song?
    As i can see there is some methods like getStreamLength, getStremPos but there isn't any sets methods..How can i do that??

• Matthias Ringwald

Hi Ronins. I didn't touch libxine-java since almost 2 years but you're welcome to use it. I never tried seeking, but I found this bit of documentation in xine.h:

/*
    * set xine to a trick mode for fast forward, backwards playback,
    * low latency seeking. Please note that this works only with some
    * input plugins. mode constants see below.
    * returns 1 if OK, 0 on error (use xine_get_error for details)
    */
    int  xine_trick_mode (xine_stream_t *stream, int mode, int value) XINE_PROTECTED XINE_DEPRECATED;

/* trick modes */
    #define XINE_TRICK_MODE_OFF                0
    #define XINE_TRICK_MODE_SEEK_TO_POSITION   1
    #define XINE_TRICK_MODE_SEEK_TO_TIME       2
    #define XINE_TRICK_MODE_FAST_FORWARD       3
    #define XINE_TRICK_MODE_FAST_REWIND        4

libxine-java uses  SWIG to just wrap all xine functions to Java, so the generated Java method would be:
    public static int xine_trick_mode(SWIGTYPE_p_xine_stream_s stream, int mode, int value) {
        return XineLibJNI.xine_trick_mode(SWIGTYPE_p_xine_stream_s.getCPtr(stream), mode, value);
    }

So you just lack the SWIGTYPE_p_xine_stream_s stream, which you can get from the XineController.getNativeStream() method. I'd suggest to give it a try. If you need to make additional changes to libxine-java, I'm happy to review your patches. :)

Best
    Matthias

• Jim Stam

Jim Stam - 2010-09-07

hmmm,nice work by the way(about xine lib).I do a project in java for streaming media and i am using jmf and xine for media players..I didn' t think of reading the documentation in xine.h because i don't know how to make native methods. I just only read the java files inside libxine for finding the methods that i want to use but there was a method for seeking(very importand for a player) .I will give a try now with the method that you wrote me..thks by the way for the informations..I will reply to you soon..

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks