From: Daniel Drake <dsd@ge...> - 2008-03-20 21:31:39
The homepage has been updated slightly:
Since I last wrote here about the library, quite a lot has happened:
1. API has been heavily modified. In particular, the semantics for async
transfers have changed a lot. The async API/semantics are now much more
similar to the async USB I/O implementation inside the Linux kernel -- a
model that has certainly been tried and tested :)
2. An abstraction layer has been added for multi-platform support. All
Linux-specific stuff is now separate from the main code.
3. I've started working on some external API documentation
Some remaining considerations:
- The API certainly isn't final, I still have some ideas to work
through. Please keep that in mind if you are looking at the API and/or
the documentation. I hope that I'm over the last of the big reworks though.
- Developers interested in porting libusb-1.0 to other platforms may
want to have a look now, although I'm not going to proactively approach
anyone until I've ironed out a couple of details and produced
documentation of the internal API.