libtld / News: Recent posts

libtld 1.5.1 published

For those of you who use the file:


I am publishing version 1.5.1 which adds the new tld_domain_to_lowercase.c file to the list of files to compile in the library. Since I do not use that file, it gets out of sync. I suppose I would need to create a full package and run a test on that before publishing...

Posted by Alexis Wilke 2015-08-22 Labels: patch

libtld 1.5.0 published

Got version 1.5.0 published. This version includes a new function called tld_domain_to_lowercase(). This function should be used before calling tld() to make sure that your domain name string is composed of lowercase characters only.

The newer version also verifies that the version is the same in all places where a version is defined.

Posted by Alexis Wilke 2015-08-22 Labels: new version patch libtld

libtld 1.4.22 published

There is version 1.4.22 published. This version includes many more of the new TLDs as added by INA.

The code is the same as the previous versions.

More info can be found on the Snap! Websites blog and project page.

Posted by Alexis Wilke 2015-07-27 Labels: patch release

libtld 1.4.6

Finally upgrading the libtld for two reasons: many changes to get that library in Ubuntu as a native package. You can download those directly from our Snap! C++ PPA on Launchpad. (By installing the PPA, you can just do an "apt-get upgrade" to get the newest version!)

Also, this version includes many of the new TLDs offered by INA. Although so far I've not found a website that uses them, it is going to become more and more prominent, quickly. (i.e. imagine a "" and "" websites...)... read more

Posted by Alexis Wilke 2014-05-05 Labels: libtld upgrade

libtld 1.4.1

This version is a quick update as some new TLDs have been added in the last few months.

The only country additions were from .cw, all the others were company specific sub-domains. This works against the newest list defined by Mozilla.


Posted by Alexis Wilke 2013-08-24 Labels: patch new TLDs TLD library

libtld 1.3.0

Many updates in 1.3.0. Three important things:

1) I updated the definitions so we're up to date as of Jan 2013;

2) I added a C++ class to make it really easy to use libtld in a C++ application;

3) I added a PHP extension so one can use libtld directly in PHP with check_tld() and check_uri() as the two functions one can use to access the library features.

There is now a ChangeLog file so one can read it to read about all the latest changes.

Posted by Alexis Wilke 2013-02-18 Labels: Upgrade PHP C++

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

No, thanks