Menu

Easy MySQL install

Anonymous
2012-01-07
2014-07-17
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-01-07

I'm currently setting this up on an Ubuntu intranet and was wondering if there was an easier way of setting LibrePlan to use MySQL as default when installing from Ubuntu PPA ? I would like to have automatic updates on this, yet I believe because I have manually compiled (hacked) for MySQL, I will need to manually update each release?

• Manuel Rego Casasnovas

Currently the only possibility to install LibrePlan in MySQL is compiling it by yourself.

Maybe we can upload the compiled .war for MySQL to:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/libreplan/files/LibrePlan/

Then you will need to just execute the upgrade SQL file in your database and change your .war files in order to update when we release a new version.

What do you think?

• Keith Patton

Keith Patton - 2012-01-10

I'm not too sure. How does the .war file function?
    Would this still mean I need to compile LibrePlan or can I still install from PPA, making use of available updates?

• Manuel Rego Casasnovas

If we provide a .war file for MySQL you will need to follow the instructions in UPDATE file for manual installation:
    http://www.libreplan.org/UPDATE.html#libreplan-manual-update

You wouldn't need to compile anything, just download the .war and .sql files, execute the .sql in your database, change your .war file and restart your server.

• Keith Patton

I guess this could work as a round-a-bout method.
    How do we get automatic notifications of updates?

• Manuel Rego Casasnovas

We're planning to add a small feature to tell administrators that there's a new version available. When a new version is released, a LibrePlan user with administrator permissions will see a warning in the bottom (where you see the warnings about default passwords not changed) telling that a new version has been released.

We'll work on that and try to have it ready ASAP.

• Keith Patton

Hmm, this could work - providing an easy(er) method of installing LibrePlan using MySQL and notifications of priority updates.

Thankfully I have another 2/3 weeks before I need to make my Ubuntu server / LibrePlan available for use :)

• Keith Patton

Keith Patton - 2012-02-13

hey mrego, just wondering how things are going with the .war file (and updates notification) ?

• Manuel Rego Casasnovas

Hi again,

the feature to notify about new versions is included in LibrePlan 1.2.1.

About the .war with MySQL, I've been reviewing the status in MySQL and we have some problems in the database migrations due to a bug in Liquibase (https://liquibase.jira.com/browse/CORE-858). I sent them some patches, once this is fixed I think we could provide the MySQL .war and SQL migration files.

Bye,
       Rego

• Keith Patton

Keith Patton - 2012-02-17

Ah that's great, thanks for updating

• Manuel Rego Casasnovas

Hi again,

I have some good news ;-)

Past week Liquibase 2.0.4 was released (http://blog.liquibase.org/2012/04/liquibase-2-0-4-released-2.html) and they included my patches to fix the MySQL problems that we've been suffering.

So, today I've upgraded Liquibase dependency in LibrePlan and tested MySQL migrations with success.

From now on, when a new release is published we'll provide a MySQL .war and also the .sql scripts for data migration in MySQL.

Sorry for the delay on this.

Bye,
       Rego

• Keith Patton

Keith Patton - 2012-04-25

Wunderbar Rego!  :)

Many thanks for getting back on this.
    So we now have a version of LibrePlan that is configured to use MySQL (via .war file) and an updates notification built into the project?

Can you advise from which version this will be included?

Thanks

• Manuel Rego Casasnovas

Updates notification is included since version 1.2.1 as you can see in the release notes: http://libreplan.org/NEWS.html#version-1-2-1-19-jan-2012

About the .war with MySQL configured and the proper .sql files that will be ready for the next versions, the first one could be LibrePlan 1.3.0 or LibrePlan 1.2.4 (if we finally publish a new maintenance version for the stable branch).

Bye,
       Rego

• Frantz

Frantz - 2012-07-23

Hi there,

As I have downloaded libreplan_mysql_1.2.4.war and install_mysql_1.2.4.sql to to give a try to install libreplan using MySQL database, I wish to know that if doing so, do I still need to previously set and run "tomcat"?

The reason why I am asking is because my host (hostgator) requires that I migrate from a shared to a dedicated hosting plan if I need to run tomcat.

• Nobody/Anonymous

hi this is Rudra
    i have installed Libreplan with Ubuntu 11.10,  now It is successfully working, but i don't know how to take backup of Libreplan pls. suggest me. Thank you

• Manuel Rego Casasnovas

You should take backups of the database. The database is called "libreplan" by default, it would be enough if you do daily backups of the database as all LibrePlan data is stored there.

Bye,
       Rego

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-10-12

Hai all..

When i was deploy Libreplan_12.4.war in Tomcat Server. At that time it gives some error. the error are following as:  

INFO    org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaValidator  - fetching database metadata
    ERROR   org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaValidator  - could not get database metadata
    com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'libreplan.pg_class' doesn't exist
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:411)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:386)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1053)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:4074)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlI

Please anyone help me to recover this error.

• Manuel Rego Casasnovas

It seems that you're using the .war for PostgreSQL as it's looking for a table called pg_class. If you're trying to install LibrePlan using MySQL you should use the .war files with _mysql in the name. For example libreplan_mysql_1.3.0.war.

You can download these files from: https://sourceforge.net/projects/libreplan/files/LibrePlan/

Or you can compile LibrePlan and generate your own .war for MySQL following the instructions at HACKING file.

• Param Laks

Param Laks - 2014-07-17

Hi,

I am just starting with LibrePlan install with MySQL.
    I have executed install_mysql_1.4.0.sql script.
    But when I tried the upgrade_mysql_1.4.0.sql after install_mysql_1.4.0.sql is successfully executed, there were number of errors.

ERROR 1060 (42S21): Duplicate column name 'updatable'
    Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.11 sec)
    Records: 0 Duplicates: 0 Warnings: 0

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
    Rows matched: 0 Changed: 0 Warnings: 0

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.09 sec)
    Records: 0 Duplicates: 0 Warnings: 0

ERROR 1062 (23000): Duplicate entry 'add-updatable-boolean-column-to-calendar-exception-type-acarro-s' for key 'PRIMARY'
    ERROR 1050 (42S01): Table 'order_sync_info' already exists
    ERROR 1022 (23000): Can't write; duplicate key in table '#sql-95f_3'
    ERROR 1062 (23000): Duplicate entry 'create-table-order-sync-info-miciele-src/main/resources/db.chang' for key 'PRIMARY'
    ERROR 1050 (42S01): Table 'connector' already exists
    ERROR 1050 (42S01): Table 'connector_property' already exists
    ERROR 1068 (42000): Multiple primary key defined
    ERROR 1062 (23000): Duplicate entry 'create-tables-related-to-connector-entity-rego-src/main/resource' for key 'PRIMARY'
    ERROR 1050 (42S01): Table 'job_scheduler_configuration' already exists
    ERROR 1062 (23000): Duplicate entry 'create-table-job-scheduler-configuration-miciele-src/main/resour' for key 'PRIMARY'
    ERROR 1060 (42S21): Duplicate column name 'projects_filter_period_since'
    ERROR 1062 (23000): Duplicate entry 'add-projects_filter_period_since-column-to-user_table-ltilve-src' for key 'PRIMARY'
    ERROR 1060 (42S21): Duplicate column name 'projects_filter_period_to'
    ERROR 1062 (23000): Duplicate entry 'add-projects_filter_period_to-column-to-user_table-ltilve-src/ma' for key 'PRIMARY'
    ERROR 1060 (42S21): Duplicate column name 'resources_load_filter_period_since'
    ERROR 1062 (23000): Duplicate entry 'add-resources_load_filter_period_since-column-to-user_table-ltil' for key 'PRIMARY'
    ERROR 1060 (42S21): Duplicate column name 'resources_load_filter_period_to'
    ERROR 1062 (23000): Duplicate entry 'add-resources_load_filter_period_to-column-to-user_table-ltilve-' for key 'PRIMARY'
    ERROR 1060 (42S21): Duplicate column name 'projects_filter_label_id'
    ERROR 1062 (23000): Duplicate entry 'add-projects_filter_label_id-column-to-user_table-ltilve-src/mai' for key 'PRIMARY'
    ERROR 1060 (42S21): Duplicate column name 'resources_load_filter_criterion_id'
    ERROR 1062 (23000): Duplicate entry 'add-resources_load_filter_criterion_id-column-to-user_table-ltil' for key 'PRIMARY'
    ERROR 1062 (23000): Duplicate entry 'add-projects_filter_label_id-fk-to-user_table-ltilve-src/main/re' for key 'PRIMARY'
    ERROR 1062 (23000): Duplicate entry 'add-resources_load_filter_fk_id-column-to-user_table-ltilve-src/' for key 'PRIMARY'

Do I have to execute the upgrade script upgrade_mysql_1.4.0.sql