Menu

Libreplan resource and earned value graphs suddenly missing - how to fix ?

2014-09-23
2014-09-26
  • Patrice Ribiere

Patrice Ribiere - 2014-09-23

Hi all,

I am getting familiarised with Libreplan and would like to promote its use within my company. Really nice software and exactly what we need from my point of view.

I created a few bogus projects for training purpose. Everything worked great for several days, when suddenly the workload and EA graphs were gone (while I was logged, in all views: company or projects). It just show a white bottom screen (it is not related to the expend / collapse icon)

I tried to logout/re-login, restart Firefox, restart my computer, purge my Firefox cache, set Firefox on "refresh at each visit". Nothing worked. The view resource load is enabled in Preferences. The problem seems spread across other bogus worker accounts I setup. Can you help ? Many thanks !

Best regards,

Patrice

Last edit: Patrice Ribiere 2014-09-23
  • Patrice Ribiere

Patrice Ribiere - 2014-09-24

Hi all,

Some update. It seems to be related to my computer (whichever login I use). When using someone else computer, the graphs are still there (again whichever the login). The worrying stuff is that it happened suddenly (while changing views). The good point is it seems to be related to my configuration of Firefox (it works fine with Chrome).

Regards,

Patrice

• Jeroen Baten

Jeroen Baten - 2014-09-24

Hi ,

Let me introduce myself first. I am the LibrePlan community manager
    and very active within the international LibrePlan community.
    I also provice commercial services for LibrePlan like training, support.
    SLA's, custom development, etc.

I received your email from the LibrePlan website to discuss with you
    your requirements and wishes and to see how I can help to make them a reality.

I try to also look at the long term regarding the way LibrePlan develops to ensure
    that added functionality stays interesting for as much users as possible in the long term.

I have experienced the same behaviour. Switching to another browser fixed it for the moment.
    I know this is a bug we need to investigate. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    If you find a workaround I would be very gratefull.
    I hope this answers your question. Does it?

If you have any more questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Jeroen Baten

• Jeroen Baten

Jeroen Baten - 2014-09-24

I had the opposite experience. Chrome broke, Firefox still working.
    I am guessing some javascript caching of some kind.

• Patrice Ribiere

Patrice Ribiere - 2014-09-25

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for answering, it is (partly) reassuring. Alas my programming level is not high enough to help directly, but I will try recording this bug events if it helps narrowing down the issue.

1) Chrome worked fine for just a day before displaying the same issue as Firefox. I am not sure if it is linked, but this happened just after I modified the calendar reference for the workers, machines, projects. Again the graphs were there when I used one of my co-worker computer.
    2) interestingly, I checked on IE: the graphs appear but upside down for the resource load, whereas the hours labels stay in the right direction (see picture).
    3) Again, not sure if it is related, but my computer has installed some Windows 7 updates when I shut it down after the Chrome event. I will try to find more details.

Best regards,

Patrice

• Patrice Ribiere

Hi all,

Problem narrowed down: the white bottom screen is dependant on the zoom level. For high zoom in, the workload graph reappears.

• Patrice Ribiere

... one further zoom out step compare to the picture above:

• Jeroen Baten

Jeroen Baten - 2014-09-26

Hi Patrice,

Thanks for all your work. This of course helps tremendously.
    The IE picture is rather funny :-)
    I can tell you it has nothing to do with Windows updates because I always use a Linux desktop and this has happened to me on one of my systems.

Kind regards,
    Jeroen