Incorrect list of criteria in "Filter by" comboBox on "Machines List" page

Sergey
2012-12-17
2012-12-21
  • Sergey

Sergey - 2012-12-17

Dropdown list is filted as for workers not for machines

• Manuel Rego Casasnovas

Actually, both criteria of type workers and machines appear in the list. You have to start typing the name of the criteria and you could choose a machine criteria.

Anyway, I've reported an enhancement in order to limit the filter depending on the type of list. As the machine criteria also appears in the worker lists.

The issues is here: http://bugs.libreplan.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1597

Thanks for reporting :-)

• Sergey

Sergey - 2012-12-17

And more:
    1. I can't scroll the list in the filter - i see only the first part of all list.
    Ellipsis (... in the end of first part of list) don't work. Or what is it for? I suggest that for scroll.
    2. No need in second column in then list such as "Criterion ( worker )"
    If only...
    3. The type of criteria can be "both" or "common" - i read in doc that this is possible but can't do it ? And that's a good question - principle! Is it possible?

Last edit: Sergey 2012-12-17
  • Manuel Rego Casasnovas

You have to start typing the name or type of the criterion in order that the list shows the criteria matching with that name.

The list is filtered automatically when the user starts to fill the input.

• Sergey

Sergey - 2012-12-18

And what about 3rd question? Its - principled.

• Javier Morán Rúa

About your 3rd question, the documentation is deprecated. A criterion type can be applied to workers or to machines but not to both.

The reason is that in the allocation pop-up there is no way to specify the type of hours on doing a generic allocation. Therefore, if there were a criterion type applicable to both workers and machines, the allocation done would mix machine and worker hours, thing that is not desirable.

Regards.

• Sergey

Sergey - 2012-12-19

Thanks!
    Unfortunately, I can't fully understand the problem with "pop-up allocation"
    I only started to work with libreplan. But soon I do it.
    And what I know is that criterion types, applicable to both resourсes are needed. For example: allocation. What do you recommend to do in this case?
    Add two types of criteria? (mashine_allocation and worker_allocation)

• Manuel Rego Casasnovas

Yes, in that case you'll have to define 2 criterion types. Maybe, it's not the most comfortable but AFAIK it's the only solution at this point.