From: KIRK, BENJAMIN (JSC-EG) (NASA) <benjamin.kirk-1@na...> - 2004-10-26 13:41:54
libMesh 0.4.3-rc2 is now available. This release fixes several bugs and
improves support for a number of platforms.
This release has been tested on a number of platforms. Please report any
usability issues so that they may be addressed in libMesh 0.4.3.
Hello Benjamin, and list,
On 26.10.04, KIRK, BENJAMIN (JSC-EG) (NASA) wrote:
> This release has been tested on a number of platforms. Please report any
> usability issues so that they may be addressed in libMesh 0.4.3.
I tried to use libmesh on a debian sarge machine with two compilers
(mainly Intel icc version 7) with some success. This is a great
project! Nevertheless, it was quite hard to get everything to work. I
think, there are some details that should be improved for the
convenience of the users.
You will find the outcome of my tries in the following attachments:
- for more details on my configure flags see attachment "make_echo"
- for warnings during the compilation of the library see "compil_library"
- on a debian woody machine with petsc version 2.1.3 I had troubles with
the mpich libraries snooped from petsc. You will find details in "compil_library_2.1.3"
- I tried to compile the applications in src/apps --> see "compil_applications"
- Then, the examples --> see "execut_examples"
- And finally, there are some bugs in the library I have already
reported some months ago. They have not yet been fixed.
There is much to be done, I think -- but you asked for it ;-)
Best greetings from Augsburg,
"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems"
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.