Ok it's all committed now... let me know if you have any problems with it.
The update of Exodus only caused a couple of compile errors that were easy to fix.
I did end up modifying both exodus and nemesis to #include <stdlib.h> in a couple of files. It was giving warnings about implicit declaration of malloc() on my Mac. The changes were small enough that I won't mind doing it again if we decide to import new copies of Exodus and Nemesis at some point in the future.
Now that Nemesis is in there... someone needs to actually make it work ;-)
On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Derek Gaston <email@example.com> wrote:...
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 9:49 AM, John Peterson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Try to use your best programming judgment as well. If something
>> actually seems dangerous/might cause a problem in some use cases, I
>> would definitely fix it. Sometimes warnings are good for stuff like
>> that :)
> Wow - how right you were!
And apparently I was also wrong! I had always assumed exodus had been
> Then I went back to sourceforge and looked at that same function from
> Exodus.... and lo and behold... there's been MASSIVE changes to Exodus on
> sourceforge! There apparently was a big sync between the repos at Sandia
> and the sourceforge.net repo about 4 months ago. That means that our copy
> of Exodus is out of sync with the copy of Nemesis I grabbed today.
a stable library for a while. Well, thanks for staying on top of
this. You are the undisputed exodus expert at this point.