From: David Moore <dcm@MIT.EDU> - 2005-09-08 00:43:31
libiptcdata 0.2.0 has just been released. The changes are as follows:
* Improved internationalization support, including helper functions
iptc_data_get_encoding() and iptc_data_set_encoding().
* Added iptc_data_sort() and iptc_dataset_copy() functions.
* Mac OS X compile fixes.
* Fixed compile warnings with gcc 4.0.
* Improved internationalization support.
* --modify command will create dataset if not already present.
* Allows running on multiple files at once.
* Added -l (list tags), -L (tag information), and -s (sort datasets)
* Improved handling of data sets containing more than 256 bytes
The latest version of libiptcdata can be downloaded from the webpage at:
If you have a favorite feature that didn't make it into this release,
please email me and let me know so I can keep track of what's important
to people. Also feel free to email me any comments, suggestions, or
bugs with this release.
In other news: gthumb (http://gthumb.sf.net) has become the first major
application to use libiptcdata natively. Support is currently in
gthumb's CVS version, and will be available with its next release.