Getting the From attribute

Matt Jobs
2009-03-04
2013-05-21
  • Matt Jobs

Matt Jobs - 2009-03-04

Is there any way to get the FROM attribute from a message? I can't seem to find how to anywhere? I am trying to create a script that will only execute if it gets an email from my cell phone. Please help, thanks. :)

• Waseem Daher

Waseem Daher - 2009-03-04

GmailMessage has a .sender field -- is that not what you're looking for?

• Matt Jobs

Matt Jobs - 2009-03-04

Yea, just found that actually. Thanks. New question though, I'm creating an app that checks gmail every X minutes to check for new messages and fetches them. Problem is that if it's a new message that is found in a previous thread it'll get all the messages, even if they're in the trash. Is there any way to check if a message is unread on a message by message basis? Would be very helpful if there was, or if anyone had any ideas around this. Thanks.

• Matt Jobs

Matt Jobs - 2009-03-05

Yea, just found that actually. Thanks. New question though, I'm creating an app that checks gmail every X minutes to check for new messages and fetches them. Problem is that if it's a new message that is found in a previous thread it'll get all the messages, even if they're in the trash. Is there any way to check if a message is unread on a message by message basis? Would be very helpful if there was, or if anyone had any ideas around this. Thanks.