From: Johann Schoonees <j.schoonees@ir...> - 2005-02-18 02:52:27
Thought I'd let you know that Camwire 0.7.0 tarball has just been
posted on kauri.auck.irl.cri.nz/~johanns/camwire/ . Camwire is a
generic API for IEEE 1394 cameras running on Linux, built on top of
libdc1394, libraw1394 and video1394.
This is quite a big upgrade since 0.5.5. Changes include:
* Complete shadowing of the camera state.
* Definitions of CAMWIRE_SUCCESS and CAMWIRE_FAILURE have been
swapped to allow for future expansion of exit codes.
* .init files are now redundant, only need a .conf file.
* CAMWIRE_INIT environment variable is now redundant.
* API is now completely defined by only two headers: camwirebus.h
* camwire_get_timestamp() now returns struct timespec instead of
* camwire_conf_get_defaults() is now called camwire_get_config().
* camwire_state_get_defaults() is now called camwire_get_state()
and it returns the current state if the camera already exists.
* New functions camwire_read_state_from_file(),
camwire_write_state_to_file(), and camwire_set_state().
Full documentation in camwire/camwirebus.h and camwire/camwire.h.
Comments, bug reports, suggestions all welcome.
Johann Schoonees Research engineer
Industrial Research Limited, PO Box 2225, Auckland, New Zealand
Phone +64 9 9203679 Fax +64 9 3028106 http://www.is.irl.cri.nz/
Camwire's home: http://kauri.auck.irl.cri.nz/~johanns/camwire/
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.