Converting to BSB

Help
2009-07-23
2013-04-08
  • NetBookings

NetBookings - 2009-07-23

I am trying to convert a tif file and txt file to bsb. My tif file was saved by Photoshop CS2 and I am getting this error.
    TIFFReadDirectory: Warning, bass-strait.tif: wrong data type 1 for "XMLPacket";
    tag ignored.
    TIFFReadDirectory: Warning, bass-strait.tif: unknown field with tag 34665 (0x876
    9) encountered.
    No support for TIFF files with PHOTOMETRIC=2 (only images containing color maps
    supported).
    Any ideas how to get my Photoshop file in the correct tif format?

• Stuart Cunningham

TIFF is a complicated format and tif2bsb only supports a limited subset of TIFF, however the supported subset is the most relevant for charts.  tif2bsb requires that the photometric of your TIFF image is PALETTE, i.e. an image using a color map or palette, while the image you attempted to convert was an RGB (PHOTOMETRIC=2) image.

If Photoshop gives you the ability to control the type of image, convert it to a color mapped image with 128 or fewer colors (the BSB format cannot support more than 128 colors anyway) and save it as a tiff again.  Failing that, try converting to a gif image then back to a tiff, since the gif conversion should force it into a color mapped image.

• Simon Thompson

Simon Thompson - 2009-12-02

How, when generating BSB .kap files, can one generate the WPX, WPY, PWY and PWX polynomial lists?

Presumably they can somehow be assigned using a Matrix operation?

Are they strictly required?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks