Installation problems on createruser

Help
Remy
2011-09-10
2013-04-09
  • Remy

Remy - 2011-09-10

Hi,
    I have been trying to install ledgesmb for the past 2 months and have been struggling getting past "createuser". I've used many different distros including Ubuntu 10.10, Fedora 14 and Fedora 15. They all failed when it comes to the instruction "createuser". Below is always the typical failure I get.

createuser: could not connect to database postgres: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "postgres"

For some reason, the password that I entered always failed to be authenticated.

I've read many instructions from web sites on what everyone did including changing the md5 config. My last straw was use Fedora 14 and using the installation script that someone create as in the link below; but it still failed.
    http://ledger-smb.1045705.n5.nabble.com/Fedora-14-Install-script-td4687597.html

I'm perplexed why a simple installation is failing. I have to get past this. Can someone provide a link to a "sure success" installation including the distro used that will be successful. The installation documentation for ledgesmb is insufficient and I'm willing to redocument it but I have to get past this problem.

regards

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks