Menu

olber32.lib not found

2004-08-24
2004-08-25
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Does anyone know where to find olber32.lib (or better: how to build)? I checked out everything, changed ldapsdk to openldap, copied openldap into this directory ... still cant build :-(
    I always get this message from VS7.1 (.Net):
    LINK : fatal error LNK1181: Eingabedatei 'olber32.lib' kann nicht geffnet werden
    (german message)

Any suggestions?

Thanx

• Nobody/Anonymous

It seems to me that olber32.lib is one of the libraries of the OpenLDAP project.

• Thomas Stegemann

Thank you for your answer. Hmmm, this sounds correct (google said this too).
      The Readme in the LdapExplorer directory should be more helpful than it is at the moment. A more precise howto for about the build process would be cool. Where to copy all the needed parts of the project, the used versions (openldap 2.2.15?) etc.

I tried openldap 2.2.15 as sdk, commented the sasl feature in the .nt file and so on... still some errors.
      Why is there a openldap and an openldap_win32 directory in the cvs tree?
      Any other suggestions for a successful build process?

(I am the Nobody/Anonymous at the top of this posting.)

• Bertrand Lorentz

Hi,

Sorry for not replying quicker, either direcly or in the forum.
      I can't be of much help, as I have no Windows machine at hand (Linux only), and I haven't compiled LdapExplorerTool on Windows with OpenLDAP.
      All I know is that the directory that contains the *.lib files from your LDAP SDK (olber32.lib and others) should be added to the configuration of Visual Studio so that it gets searched when looking for libraries. I don't know how this can be achieved on Visual Studio 7.1.

The instructions in the README file are not very precise because various LDAP SDKs can be used (OpenLDAP, iPlanet Directory, etc... ), and details differ for each SDK.

If you'd like to make some modifications to the README file or the documentation, please send them to be, I'll happily integrate them.

About the "openldap" and "openldap_win32" in CVS : they're the remains of attempts to integrate OpenLDAP directly in the application. They can be ignored.

Good luck !