Menu

overlay question

2014-06-27
2014-06-30
  • Pali Haneul

Pali Haneul - 2014-06-27

Does unboundid ldap sdk somehow ignore overlays or is there some option or switch that I missed?

• Neil Wilson

Neil Wilson - 2014-06-27

Could you please clarify what you mean? There is no mention of overlays in any of the LDAP specifications, and the only LDAP-related overlays I'm aware of are a feature specific to OpenLDAP and are particular to the operation of that server (used to implement features like logging, password policies, attribute uniqueness, etc.).

The LDAP requests generated by the UnboundID LDAP SDK for Java should be identical to any other tool or API that uses standard LDAP. It is possible that an overlay could require something special about the request (e.g., it might only be triggered by the inclusion of a particular control), but without more information about what exactly you mean, then there's no way to know if that is the case.

• Pali Haneul

Pali Haneul - 2014-06-30

Hey Neil,

Thanks for your quick reply! The overlay took a while longer to act than I expected, but did do what needed to be done. Guess I was to hasty concluding that somehow the overlay got skipped. Sorry.