Menu

Properties file error

Anonymous
2012-02-04
2013-06-13
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-02-04

I encounter  "java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key INFO_RC_SUCCESS" .It is beacayse I also have the ldap.properties located in the class-path of my application  for my application to use . So , the SDK loaded the my ldap.properties  instead of the  ldap.properties inside the unboundid-ldapsdk-xxxx.jar.

I don't know if it is possible , it would be nice the SDK will load the properties  file from the class-path of the user 's  application and from the   jar.

• Neil Wilson

Neil Wilson - 2012-02-04

Thanks for pointing this out. You are apparently the second person in the last couple of weeks to encounter a problem like this (also mentioned in the mailing list discussion at https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=28686254).  I've already fixed the problem in the repository by making two changes:

- The LDAP SDK is now more resilient to the case in which there is a properties file naming conflict.  If for some reason it can't find the desired properties file, or if it finds what it thinks is the right properties file but can't find the expected key, then it will use the English-language version of the message which is actually compiled into the source code as part of the build process.

- I've renamed all of the properties files used by the LDAP SDK so that they start with "unboundid-ldapsdk-" so they are extremely unlikely to conflict with anything else.

These changes have already been committed into the repository, and you can check out and build the SDK for yourself if you need an immediate fix.  The fix will also be included in the next release, which I hope to be in the very near future.

Neil

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-02-05

Thanks Neil! Look forward to the new release.