From: Marti Maria <marti@li...> - 2003-07-29 17:22:49
I've uploaded lcms-1.11 beta on site. The linux version is (finally!) using
automake. Many thanks to Bob Friesenhahn for the hard work.
- CIECAM02 appearance model.
- Black point compensation.
- A lot of ICC 4 support. Now only new Lab encoding is missing to complete full ver 4 compliance.
- ChromaticAdaptationTag is now fully understood.
- Improved softproofing.
- Improved cmsTransform2devicelink & icclink
- Expanded LUT pipeline.
- Error handlers
- User defined encoders.
- More speed & accurancy.
... and many other goodies.
- LUT8 now works properly on devicelink profiles
- CMYK->CMYK transforms bug (introduced by a mistake in 1.10) is fixed
- Softproofing now works properly on out-of-gamut colors.
As always, comments & suggestions and of course! your great beta testing will be very welcome.
The little cms project
From: Auke Nauta <a.nauta@wa...> - 2003-07-30 21:00:58
Hi (again) Marti, and thanks for this new version!
Here are some preliminary test results with version 1.11 beta:
1. Speed increase clearly noticeable, I guess approximately 25% faster
now. Very nice indeed.
2. Accuracy improved. In version 1.10 there were some differences
depending on the use of Lut Precalc (in cmsCreateTransform). Now these
differences are gone.
Furthermore, I compared rendering quality to Photoshop 7. The results
are practically identical! Version 1.10 would show maximum RGB
differences of up to 6 or 7. Now they are all but gone (1, max 2).
3. Black point compensation. Although not meant to copy Photoshop's
results, I can confirm results are (again!) nearly identical!
Later I'll focus on the other new features, such as CIECAM02...
Excellent job, Marti!
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.