Launchy github repository (with fixes)

Beta
Anonymous
2012-05-17
2013-05-29
  • Anonymous - 2012-05-17

I got fed up with Launchy eating up all of the CPU when updating the catalog, so I downloaded the source and made a quick windows-only fix. Works for me. Also I fixed some issues with .pro files that prevented QT Creator from compiling the plugins.

I uploaded the repo to github https://github.com/Irwin1138/Launchy
    I think if we all move to github and start collaborating (I saw that people here make x64 builds, bugfixes etc) together, we might resuscitate this neat little program as a community fork.

• PIK

PIK - 2012-05-29

Best idea since sourceforge ;-)  I think we need no more to hope and waiting for code from launchy.net…

Optimizing for compiling (QT storys), for x64, for min. resources, bugfixing. Make new installer for x86 and x64.

Code changes for x64 Win (nreale3370) are very good. From my userspace way of looking at things ;-) it works perfect (win7sp1 x64).

My suggestion:
    Shift + Enter will run the exe as admin (brings UAC into the scene for confirmation). And I can also starting for example regedit wit Launchy :-)

regards

p.s.:
    But I'm afraid, only you and nreale have HERE enough abilities and skills to bring the project littlebit forwards.
    On another hand, its not unusable. There is not much to make it 2012 from pleasable to good.

• Amadawn

Amadawn - 2012-06-14

This is a great idea, since there has been basically zero activity on the project for 2 years!

I went to your github repo, but I found no installer to download. Do you plan to add one?
    Also, did you start from the most recent SVN code? Do you know if that includes the code on 2.6 beta 2?

Cheers,

Angel

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks