There now is a SystemPower plugin for the Windows version of Launchy.
It allows to add system power-related items to Launchy's index.<BR>
Thus, it basically does what Launchy already tries to achieve using its "Utilities\System Power" directory, except:
- It offers more items to be added to the catalog (e.g. Shutdown, Hibernate, Lock, etc.)
- Names of items can be localized (instead of always displaying an English term even for non-English versions of Windows)
- It does not display the shutdown timer
- It integrates as a real plugin, offering to change configuration options (e.g. to ask for confirmation before shutdown).
<P>A readme file providing more details is included in the archive.
The download can be found via
This folder contains the plugin for the current version of Launchy () and it may also contain versions to be used with older Launchy releases (e.g. SystemPower_v212.zip) in the future.
: http://cid-ba66807a9823f946.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Public/Launchy/SystemPower "Download SystemPower"
: http://cid-ba66807a9823f946.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Launchy/SystemPower/SystemPower.zip "http://cid-ba66807a9823f946.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Launchy/SystemPower/SystemPower.zip"
thanks for the great plugin, i use it ALL the time :D
Buuut i still have one tiny wish: built in a Timer like:
Hibernate 60 -> goes to hibernate in 60 minutes
The same with the other modes :)
I would rly appreciate it =)
SystemPower v1.6.0 has been released.
It adds a timer, as requested by keydon.
Here is a brief overview - for details, please refer to the readme file:
* Almost all SystemPower commands accept the timer parameter
* The timer parameter will always be interpreted as minutes (but floating point numbers are possible)
* A dialog with a countdown will be displayed - also allowing to cancel the timer
* Currently, there can only be one timer at a time. Starting a new timer will cancel an existing one
* Exiting Launchy will also kill the timer
* Example: just see keydon's example: 'Hibernate<Tab>60' will put the computer to hibernate in 60 minutes
Please let me know if you encounter any issues.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.