paul temple - 2024-05-11

Hi.
For years Launch has worked perfectly for me. Recently, i have made no changes to Launchy and I have had Windows11 installed since it was launched.
A couple of days ago, installed the new Arc browser. Launchy will not launch it. I had an Arc start icon on the desktop created during installation. I also had created a shortcut and put it in a special file I use [990 FindMeDocs], located at E:\990 FindMeDocs, to help Launchy find files I might want to open. Both are ignored. the Launchy Directories entry is E:\990 FindMeDocs.
There is also an arc.exe installed in C:\Program Files\ WindowsApps. I have a Launchy Directories entry of C:\Program Files\ WindowsApps but Launchy does not find arc there.

After asking the browser creators for help, I tested Launchy. Suddenly, after years of finding a file called Addresses.doc in E:\990 FindMeDocs, with no changes made to the file or its location, Launchy no longer finds it.

Rebuilding the catalogue makes no difference. Most apps are still correctly located including all those in Program Files.

Can anyone help explain what I should do to resolve this?

Last edit: paul temple 2024-05-11