Launchy hotkey not working

Help
Anonymous
2008-12-25
2019-04-14
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2008-12-25

Hi All,

After installing Launchy, I used it for the first time and it suited me perfectly. However, after rebooting my laptop, the Alt+Space shortcut doesn't work anymore. The Launchy process is still running, but I have no way to have the Launchy window appear, as the shortcut isn't working... I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, with the last version, or with a later version... Nothing changes, the hotkey still doesn't work... I am suck here, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Arthur.

• J. Ledvina

J. Ledvina - 2008-12-25

I can think of two things to try with Launchy's settings, which are stored in:

Vista: C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Launchy\Launchy.ini 

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Application Data\Launchy\Launchy.ini 

First, kill the Launchy process in the Task Manager, then try deleted Launchy.ini and starting Launchy again.

If that doesn't work, you can try changing the "hotkeyModifier" line in Launchy.ini (it's very near the top, the 2nd line under [GenOps] in my copy). I think you should kill Launchy again before changing it. Here's what the various values are:

Alt:
      hotkeyModifier=134217728

Shift:
      hotkeyModifier=33554432

Control:
      hotkeyModifier=67108864

Win:
      hotkeyModifier=268435456

Good Luck,
      Joe

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2008-12-25

Thank you, deleting the Launchy.ini file worked perfectly...
        Again, thanks a lot...

• Thomas Schwarze

Thomas Schwarze - 2019-04-14

I've been struggling with this for several months. You're first solution "Kill the Launchy process in the Task Manager, then try deleted Launchy.ini and starting Launchy again," worked for me. Thank you! (I created a sourceforge account just to say thanks.)

Last edit: Thomas Schwarze 2019-04-14
    • Jeff Axup

Jeff Axup - 2009-01-08

That did solve the problem, thanks! However, that is really not an intuitive solution.
      There is an option in the start menu called 'Launch Rescue Mode'. When I saw that, I figured it would be the perfect solution for this problem. However, when I selected it, it did absolutely nothing.
      It would be great if 'rescue mode' would re-launch the Launchy dialog, so that the user can modify settings (e.g. hotkeys). Deleting ini files really shouldn't be necessary to get back into the application settings. Thanks.