Alex Rosenfeld - 2019-11-09

Hi. I've been using and depending on Launchy for years and years. Recently, for the first time ever and for no apparent reason, all of my Launchy shortcuts - about 350 in total - disappaered. This has been a bit of a disaster. Some detail on where things stand at this point...

• About half of my shortcuts were set up via a folder on my hard drive that contains all of my abbreviated shortcuts. So I was able to add that directory back to my catalogue and rescan. However, only about 80% of these shortcuts seem to be scanning. I can't figure out why the other 20% isn't scanning.

• The other half of my shortcuts were set up via the Weby plugin. These are nowhere to be found, which is dismaying.

Does anyone know how I can recover my shortcuts, in particular the Weby shortcuts, and resolve the scanning issue that I mention above? Does anyone have any idea why this might have happened, and what I can do to prevent it from happening again? (And is there a way to back up my shortcuts, in particular my Weby shortcuts, going forward?) I'll need to find an alternative to Launchy if there's a risk of this continuing to happen.

Thanks in advance for any help folks can provide. Let me know if there's any other information I can provide that would be helpful.