Launchy crashed under pclinuxos, KDE 4.6.3

Valeriy
2011-05-19
2013-05-29
  • Valeriy

Valeriy - 2011-05-19

Hi,

Since recently, Launchy has started crashing under pclinuxos, kde of the following version.

$ kded4 -version
    Qt: 4.7.3
    KDE Development Platform: 4.6.3 (4.6.3)
    KDE Daemon: $Id$

The error is the following:

KGlobal::locale() must be called from the main thread before using i18n() in threads. KApplication takes care of this. If not using KApplication, call KGlobal::locale() during initialization.
    Aborted

I've tried to run launchy under root user - the crash does not occur.
    Any way for this to be fixed without having to run under root?

• tjmck

tjmck - 2011-05-24

I am also having this problem since I upgraded to kubuntu 11.04 (64-bit) - exact same error message…

• jmomo

jmomo - 2012-03-21

Same issue here, but I have nailed it down to a bad .desktop app menu file with a missing/bad Icon entry.  See below to reproduce.

Launchy deb package version is 2.5-1. KDE 4.7.4 here on Debian unstable distro, amd64.  I am new launchy user and discovered this crash just today when trying it out for the first time.

Also see bug 3308744, which may be the same thing.

Note that this .desktop file was manually created using an older 4.x KDE Menu Editor.  The thing to note is that the icon file is currently not present.

It seems like it is the missing Icon entry that is killing it.  Just not being able to find the icon seems to make launchy crash.  If the Icon entry is valid or if there is no Icon= entry, then everything works fine.

user@host->cat ~/Seamonkey.desktop

Comment=
    Exec=/usr/local/seamonkey/seamonkey
    GenericName=Seamonkey Internet suite
    Icon=/usr/local/seamonkey/101508-seamonkey.png
    Name=Seamonkey
    NoDisplay=false
    Path=/usr/local/seamonkey/
    StartupNotify=true
    Terminal=0
    TerminalOptions=
    Type=Application
    X-KDE-SubstituteUID=false
    X-KDE-Username=

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks