Icons with different sizes

Help
2005-05-17
2014-08-16
  • Bodo Tasche

Bodo Tasche - 2005-05-17

Is it possible to add a Icon with multiple sizes to the Exe-File? That way the Icon would look best on the Desktop and in the Explorer.

• Grzegorz Kowal

Grzegorz Kowal - 2005-05-17

Yes, but only with launch4j 2.0.

Grzegorz

• Anonymous - 2013-03-13

Hi,
    what is the syntax for multiple icons, will:

<icon>32x32.ico</icon>
    <icon>48x48.ico</icon>
    <icon>64x64.ico</icon>

work, or sth like:

<icon>32x32.ico; 48x48.ico</icon>

• Duggers

Duggers - 2014-07-17

Just starting to use launch4j... this is one of the desired requirements, to have multiple icons. I've tried it a few ways, checked the documentation, but cannot see what the syntax is (if it is still supported in version 3.4). Thank you.

• Duggers

Duggers - 2014-07-17

Figured it out... for anyone else who comes across this, you can have multiple images in a single ico file, then use that file to reference in the icon tag. There are a number of methods/tools for doing this, but convertico.org seemed to work well for my purposes.

• Christian Foltin

Hi,

I looked at convertico.org, but didn't found a method to generate an icon with multiple images. Currently, I have two ico files, and only want to combine them to a single ico file. Is that possible?

TIA, Chris

• Christian Foltin

Hi,

found it out. To add a complete ico file to an existing executable you have to use tools like RCEDIT.exe from WinRun4j. Perhaps this is useful for anybody.

Br, Chris

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks