Menu

LatexTaglet for Unix

Help
2007-11-28
2013-04-25
  • Richard Gomes

Richard Gomes - 2007-11-28

Hi,

I've modified LatexTaglet in order to make it run under properly under Unix. In fact, I've made the changes intended to make it portable and able to run both in Unix and Windoze. But, fortunately, I dont have any Windoze near me to test it into. :)

I also changed it in order to conform to Maven2 way of organizing and document projects.

I'd like to inform that I've made these changes for my own personal use. I cannot provide support to LatexTaglet.

You can browse my modified version, checkout the sources, view documentation, etc, etc at

http://www.jquantlib.org/maven2/sites/latextaglet/

Kind Regards

-- Richard Gomes
    http://www.jquantlib.org/

• Stephan Dlugosz

Stephan Dlugosz - 2007-11-28

Hi!

Great. That topic has been on my list, but I do not have any unix system ;-)
      Thank you very much!

I will integrate your changes as soon as possible (and test it on windows).
      Unfortunately, I am very busy at the moment and I cannot do it before february...

Greetings,
      Stephan

• Richard Gomes

Richard Gomes - 2007-11-28

Hi,

I remembered that I removed the dependency of latexhtml (??? I dont remember the name exactly!), so we only need to call latex and then dvipng. I didn't understood why we need an intermediate step involving HTML. It also means that the header of generated .tex file changed a little bit.

The call to an external batch file (a shell script, in unix parlance :) ) needs to be as portable as possible, so I reduced the file name length of it and I removed the last parameter because it does not make sense to non-Windoze OSes. In case of Windoze, a batch file should extract "C:" from the full path name. Unfortunately, the command processor of Windoze is really simplistic and is not able to change the drive if the full path name specifies another drive. :-/

As I changed the code and some comments were in German and I dont understand German, I simply removed some comments. Better no-information that mis-information. :)

If you need something else or a tester when you release a new version, please let me know. :)

Kind Regards,

-- Richard