error when compiling labplot 1.5.1 SUSE 9.2

Help
cedricgump
2006-03-29
2012-11-04
  • cedricgump

cedricgump - 2006-03-29

i have an error when compiling labplot 1.5.1-rc2
    from built-labplot.sh on a SuSE 9.2 based distro. I have installed gsl 1.7 from scratch an also qsa 1.1.4:

Warning: Linking the executable LabPlot against the loadable module
    libLabPlot.so is not portable!
    ./.libs/libLabPlot.so: undefined reference to gsl_wavelet2d_nstransform' ./.libs/libLabPlot.so: undefined reference togsl_wavelet_workspace_alloc'
    ./.libs/libLabPlot.so: undefined reference to gsl_wavelet2d_transform' ./.libs/libLabPlot.so: undefined reference togsl_wavelet_haar_centered'
    ./.libs/libLabPlot.so: undefined reference to gsl_wavelet_daubechies_centered' ./.libs/libLabPlot.so: undefined reference togsl_wavelet_transform'
    ./.libs/libLabPlot.so: undefined reference to gsl_wavelet_bspline' ./.libs/libLabPlot.so: undefined reference togsl_wavelet_haar'
    ./.libs/libLabPlot.so: undefined reference to gsl_wavelet_alloc' ./.libs/libLabPlot.so: undefined reference togsl_wavelet_daubechies'
    ./.libs/libLabPlot.so: undefined reference to gsl_wavelet_bspline_centered' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[2]: *** [LabPlot] Erreur 1 make[2]: Leaving directory/tmp/build/BUILD/LabPlot-1.5.1.rc2/src'
    make[1]: [all-recursive] Erreur 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/build/BUILD/LabPlot-1.5.1.rc2/src'
    make:
    [all-recursive] Erreur 1

it seems it recognizes gsl 1.7 during the configure phase but....

thank you

• Stefan Gerlach

Stefan Gerlach - 2006-03-30

It looks like your "gsl-config" comes from gsl 1.7 but when trying to link to "libgsl.so" an older version of gsl is used.
      Is it possible that you still have the original gsl 1.5 from SUSE 9.2 around? If you are sure that gsl 1.7 is installed correct please send me the config.log and the configure and make output.

Thanks

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks