Labplot-1.5.1.4 compilation error

Help
2006-10-03
2012-11-04
  • Wolfgang Pichl

Wolfgang Pichl - 2006-10-03

Hi,
    I wanted to upgrade from Labplot-1.5.0 to 1.5.1.4 but I cannot compile the 1.5.1.4 version. The following error message occurs:

In file included from DataDialog.h:11,
    from DataDialog.cc:27:
    FilterNETCDF.h:12: error: NC_MAX_NAME' was not declared in this scope FilterNETCDF.h:17: error:NC_MAX_NAME' was not declared in this scope
    FilterNETCDF.h:28: error: NC_MAX_NAME' was not declared in this scope FilterNETCDF.h:61: error:NC_MAX_DIMS' was not declared in this scope
    FilterNETCDF.h: In member function QString FilterNETCDF::version()': FilterNETCDF.h:40: error:nc_inq_libvers' undeclared (first use this function)
    FilterNETCDF.h:40: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for
    each function it appears in.)
    make[2]: [DataDialog.lo] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory /usr/local/src/LabPlot-1.5.1.4/src' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory/usr/local/src/LabPlot-1.5.1.4/src'
    make:
    [all-recursive] Error 1

Strangely, this even happens when I disable the Netcdf support in ./configure !!
    Also strange: I had no problems to compile 1.5.0 previously, but the problematic file FilterNETCDF.h seems to be identical in both versions.

My configuration: Slackware-Linux 10.1, gcc 3.3.4, qt-3.3.3, kde 3.3.2.

Best regards
    Wolfgang Pichl

• Wolfgang Pichl

Wolfgang Pichl - 2006-10-05

Hi,
      I have traced back the problem and found a workaround (ugly, but works). It is really a bug in the build-system of Labplot. But I'll rather post this to the Labplot-users mailing list because the present forum seems to be quite inactive.

Wolfgang

• Stefan Gerlach

Stefan Gerlach - 2006-10-06

Hi,

I will check this problem at the next weekend.
        You don't need to send this message again.
        But maybe it's better to use the "Bugs" Section next time.

Thanks.

• Wolfgang Pichl

Hi,
      it seems that I have an incompatible version of netcdf. My version is 3.6.0-p1, and some definitions required by Labplot (in FilterNETCDF.h) seem to be missing in my netcdf.h.

Anyway, why is it not possible to disable the netcdf support? ./configure --disable-netcdf (even after make distclean !) is completely ignored; make still tries to build the netcdf support !

best regards
      Wolfgang

• Wolfgang Pichl

Hi,
      I have overlooked that LabPlot already contains netcdf-3.5. However, it seems to use the system-wide netcdf library, if it finds one, and I cannot detect any configure option to change this behaviour. And completely disabling netcdf does not work, as I mentioned in the previous posts.

best regards
      Wolfgang

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks