I successfully built and launched SymbolEditor on OS X 10.7.4 by:
- installing XCode 4.3, including the Command Line Tools.
- installing MacPorts.
- installing KDE4: "sudo port install kde4-baseapps".
- downloading and untarring SymbolEditor-1.1.0-KDE4.tar.gz and modifying build.sh before running it to:
- changing "THREADS=`cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep processor | wc -l" with "THREADS=4" (reflecting my CPU) since OS X doesn't have a /proc/cpuinfo file.
- removing "su -c" because OS X doesn't have that option (so I ran build.sh as root).
- starting KDE with "load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist".
launching SymbolEditor with "open /opt/local/bin/SymbolEditor.app".
I'm still working on kxstich, which is giving me a link error:
Linking CXX executable kxstitch.app/Contents/MacOS/kxstitch
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
"QX11Info::display()", referenced from:
Editor::keyPressAlphabet(QKeyEvent*) in Editor.o
I'm not that familiar with cmake or OS X, so I'd welcome any suggestions. I've installed ports of qt4-mac, qt4-mac-devel, gt4-x11, etc. (as part of installing KDE).
On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 10:22 AM, Ellen Spertus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Can kxstich run on Mac OS X? Specifically, I'd like to install it on a Mac with OS X 10.7.2 (Lion). I would also install KDE 4.6.4.