No CR/LF after each message (Mandrake 8.2)

Help
2002-06-17
2002-06-19
  • Frederik Rissling

Puh! After a long time I made it under Mandrake 8.2 and KDE 3.0.1 (30th May).
    Perhaps others are interested, how to do it with Mandrake:
    - Get CVS Sorces
    - Copy Admin dir (like discribed)
    - export KDEDIR=/opt/kde3
    - export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3
    - ./configure --prefix=/opt/kde3
    -  make
    - make install (as root)

Everything went fine, but the problem is, when I write or get a message (in chat-mode), all message are shown in one line, including the names, like:

Name1: blablabla Name2: message Name1: message Name2
    message...

What can I do against this behavior?

• Peter

Peter - 2002-06-18

I don't know if there's a possibility to handle this problem via the configuration of kxicq. If there's anyone, I didn't find it (=.

But, thx to OpenSource, you can change this by hand.
      You only need to edit this file:

kxicq/widgets/kxsendmessagesimpl.cpp

in the main-source tree. At the moment, I can't look which lines exactly need to be edited, but if you would like, i will look for them and post the needed changes.

• Frederik Rissling

Hm, is this a general problem? Then I'm wonering, why there weren't sombody else posting this problem. Or is it a feature? ;-)

I also couldn't find anything in the configuration file. So please post the lines and the changes. If it were just C I could add a "\n" by myself ;-), but I took a look at the C++ code and I'm not so firm with it...

BTW: thanx for your answer!

• Peter

Peter - 2002-06-18

Even if it were C, a "\n" (which would also work in C++) it would not help much :-). kxICQ uses HTML-Tags to present the messages.

Here the lines that need to be changed (all in the named file kxsendmessagesimpl.cpp):

l. 270 (orig):
      _tmp="<B>"+nick+timeStr+"</B>: ";

real ICQ like:
      _tmp="<B>"+nick+" "+timeStr+"</B>:<br>";

l. 300 (orig):
      textOutput->append(_tmp);

real ICQ like:
      textOutput->append("<br>" + _tmp);

l. 352 (orig):
      _tmp="<I><B>"+MAINWINDOW->kxConfig.nick+timeStr+"</B>: "+messageToSend+"</I>";

real ICQ like:
      _tmp="<B>"+MAINWINDOW->kxConfig.nick+" "+timeStr+"</B>:<br>"+messageToSend;

l. 360 (orig):

real ICQ like:

l. 390 (orig):
      _tmp="<I><B>"+MAINWINDOW->kxConfig.nick+timeStr+"</B>: "+messageToSend+"</I>";

real ICQ like:
      _tmp="<B>"+MAINWINDOW->kxConfig.nick+" "+timeStr+"</B>:<br>"+messageToSend;

l. 395 (orig):

real ICQ like:

Hmm, I think that are all needed changes. That the changes I've made. It looks more like the real ICQ. Hope it serves you well (=.

I'm working on a option in the config of kxicq for a more real ICQ style. also a colored contact list and more detailed stuff :-). Perhaps it will find a way into the source when it's finished :o)

so far, hope i could help you,
      ciao, Peter

• Frederik Rissling

Ups, I should have taken a more closer look to the code, cause html-tags are no problem for me ;-)

Thank You, it works! Thats the look, like it should look! :-)
      And of cause it should find a way into the (perhaps never? ;-) ) finished project! A config option would be fine...

cu,
      Frederik

• Frederik Rissling

Hm, there is a (I hope small) problem with the message window:
      If the message window is full, and a new message appears, the messages does not scroll up. Even the scroll-bar stays at its old place. So I can only hear the new message, but not read ;-)
      Fortunately I can read the messages, if I change the size of the window and then sroll down with the scroll-bar (hope, you get the problem).
      I hope, you can help me again :-)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks