Help
Marc Weber
2002-08-01
2002-08-02
  • Marc Weber

Marc Weber - 2002-08-01

Hi there!

I have got a lot of problems:

1) Sound: I cannot get sounds to work. I have created my own wav files (taken from icq) and gave the locations to kxicq. But still it does not play sound (although my gnome does, e.g. when opening a message). Someone said that kdeinit must run:
    ps ax | grep kdeinit
    1403 ?        S      0:00 kdeinit: Running...      
    1406 ?        S      0:00 kdeinit: dcopserver --nosid --suicide
    1409 ?        S      0:00 kdeinit: klauncher       
    1411 ?        S      0:01 kdeinit: kded            
    1416 ?        S      0:00 kdeinit: knotify         
    2023 pts/0    S      0:00 grep kdeinit

Can you give me more details on this?

2) Server Side Contact List
    This is my ugliest problem. When using this, eveytime I add a user to my contact list (whether by go.icq.com or by kxicq) it may happen that about 50% of my contacts get from status "Authorized" to "Not Authorized" and I have to get authorizations from them. This is really f***ing. Now i am using kxicq without server side contact list. But I would really like to use it. Is there a tool to manage the contact list on the ICQ Server?

3) Gnome Docking: When will this feature be implemented ;-)

• Henning Vogt

Henning Vogt - 2002-08-02

Problems 2 and 3 I don't know, but from point 3 I assume, you are not using kde?  For kde is running it's own soundserver (karts or something like that), and thus all kde Programs try to connect to this soundserver.  If you want to have sound independent of the running daemon, you have to execute "play foobar.wav"  (or "esdplay foobar.wav" or whatever wav-player works) to the "run command on event".

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks