- big rework of the internal streaming/storage subsystem,
support for multiple stripes.
Makes a big speedup when handling large files!
Creating an empty 512MB file before: over 350 sec,
now: about 25 sec (on my system)
- optimized versions of memcpy() for ix86 (using MMX, MMXEXT,
3DNOW, SSE, SSE2) and for PowerPC, copied from the xine project
- some support for X86_64
- bugfix: in memory setup plugin, set virtual memory limit only if
the limit has been enabled (checkbox is clicked)
- bugfix: clipping in Ogg import filter was incorrect
- speedups: import of Ogg and MP3 files improved
- removed code copied from the GSL library, link against the
shared library instead
- added target "package-messages" to the toplevel Makefile,