adding new PICs to Ktechlab

Help
Santiago
2009-01-21
2013-04-24
  • Santiago

Santiago - 2009-01-21

Hello all...

Ktechlab is a great work... very easy to create and simulate circuits, but there are just a few PICs to play with...
    Is possible to add new pics to use in Ktechlab?...

If it's possible... what are the files involved?

Thank you...

• Zoltan P

Zoltan P - 2009-01-23

The PIC simulation is done by gpsim, so theoretically any PIC supported by gpsim can be used in ktechlab. To add support for these PICs, ketchlab's source code (C++) should be edited. Note that the current state of the code is not really good, it needs serious cleanup.

• Santiago

Santiago - 2009-01-24

Thank you for the reply...

I know ktechlab work is going on.

I compiled svn trunk because it works better than the one is Ubuntu 8.10 repository.. i see some bugs solved and my PC processor works soft when simulating.

"The PIC simulation is done by gpsim"

Ok.. ktechlab uses my GPsim instalation or have a built-in one?

Same for SDCC: has ktechlab a built-in SDCC??

Thans for the help and for your work, i hope the new developers group can push this great aplication a little more...

• Zoltan P

Zoltan P - 2009-06-08

ktechlab uses the existing gpsim and external SDCC.

• Santiago

Santiago - 2009-09-13

Zoltan, Thanks for the reply…

About the cuestion of adding pics to simulate in ktechlab, i already found the way. I did a try with P16F627A and it looks to work properly.
    Now i'm updating to the pics actually supported in gpsim. Let me know if you want the code.

My second cuestion comes because somethings works ok in Gpsim but not i Ktechlab.

One example is analog inputs… in Ktechlab, pic inputs looks to works only as digital inputs and takes the same configuration as general digital inputs… that is: the configured thresholds for logic inputs are aplied to pic inputs.
    Also Interrupts doesn't look to work in ktechlab but works ok in gpsim.

I think tketchlab creates a module for interfacing with gpsim.
    I would like to see how it works, but can't find the source code.
    Can you point me to a file or group of files?

Greetings.

• Santiago

Santiago - 2009-09-14

Don't worry, i already found gpsimprossesor.

• Zoltan P

Zoltan P - 2009-09-14

Yes, that's it.

Are you subscribed to the mailing list? More people are subscibed to the ktechlab-devel list than who are reading the forums.

The patches would be great,  as currently the part of ktechlab that  describes what PICs are supported is quite messy.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks