From: Michael Peters <mpeters@pl...> - 2011-01-14 00:12:56
We are pleased to announce the release of Krang 3.12. This is mainly a
maintenance release with bug fixes and minor new features.
You can obtain the latest release from Source Forge:
This release includes the following changes:
* Added "--NoStart" option to bin/krang_install when you want to
install but then later tweek things (like conf/krang.conf) before
starting the servers. [Michael Peters]
* Added "--NoDB" option to bin/krang_install for use when you already
have an existing Krang DB and want a new install to use that.
* Added "hostname dictionary" feature to krang.conf so that you can
specify different values for configuration directives per-hostname.
This allows multiple machines in a Krang cluster to share the same
krang.conf file. [Michael Peters]
* Fix bug in krang_ctl that incorrectly used "sudo" when
starting/stopping the scheduler. [Michael Peters]
* Prevent media files from getting spaces (or other forbidden
characters) in their filenames when bulk-uploaded or added via FTP
(already forbidden in the web UI). [Michael Peters]
* Updated accidental limit where publisher couldn't handle story_ids
over 4194304. [Mike Lampson & Michael Peters]
* Don't delete temporary expanded XML files when a KDS import fails so
it can be inspected. [Michael Peters]
* Fix problem of starting Apache still being attached to the IO of the
starting terminal making it hang SSH sessions. [Michael Peters]
* Fix bug of krang_ftpd where the new FTP daemon wasn't always
detaching itself from the terminal process that started it, thus
hanging SSH sessions when trying to disconnect.
* Fixed bug in IE where people randomly lose their session if they are
doing a lot of publishing and previewing. [Michael Peters]
* Hitting "Save & Stay" on the "Edit Template" screen now doesn't
reset the template editor, so you don't lose your place. [Michael
* Bulk Upload of Media can now handle resizing images with .jpg and
.jpeg extensions in addition to .png, .gif, and .tiff files. [Brad
Plus Three, LP
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.