internet playlists not expanded

Users
wealas
2007-03-19
2013-04-16
  • wealas

wealas - 2007-03-19

I listen to few internet radios that post playlists for their streams (usually an m3u with sever addresses in it). The playlist address is the same but the stream addresses can change often for some radios so in KPlayer's playlists I add a new URL that points to the playlist's address but when I start the playlist I cannot move to the next stream in the playlist (although if there is a problem with a stream KPlayer will try the next stream in the playlist). Am I doing something wrong here? Is there another way to do this?
    Thanks!

• kiriuja

kiriuja - 2007-03-31

Right now KPlayer does not extract URLs from playlist files. This is definitely planned for a future release, it's on my TODO. But for now the way to do it is to write a simple script that would get the playlist, extract the URLs and run KPlayer like

kplayer url1 url2 url3 ...

Let me know if you need help with that.

• wealas

wealas - 2007-03-31

Thanks, any way I can manipulate the kplayer playlist contents (so that my script could update urls stored in there)

• kiriuja

kiriuja - 2007-04-01

Yes, like I said you just run KPlayer with the URLs you want to have on the current playlist, like this:

kplayer url1 url2 url3 ...

This will work even if KPlayer is already running. If you don't want to play the URLs right away, you can say:

kplayer --play-next url1 url2 url3 ...

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks