How to install on a server

2013-02-27
2013-06-07
  • Jimmie Cates

Jimmie Cates - 2013-02-27

I need for all who have computer access to be able to access this database.

• Jimmie Cates

Jimmie Cates - 2013-03-06

Okay, here is some more information on how far I got. Any assistance gratefully appreciated!

XAMPP compiled September 20, 2012
    MySQL is version 5.5.27

Installed XAMPP on server drive D:, apparently without issue

PHPMyAdmin works fine, created database "kordil", root@localhost has all privileges

XAMPP control panel reports MySQL is operating, and I verified that windows firewall is configured to pass ports 80 and 3306

I unzipped the platform-independent version and put the kordil_edms folder in htdocs

When I access index.php I DO get the purple bar with Users/Documents/Document Preset Data etc. and I can look at the dropdown menus, but trying to *access* any dropdown functions results in this:

Notice: Undefined index: SkipConnectMySQL in D:\xampp\htdocs\kordil_edms\qs_connection.php on line 10

Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in D:\xampp\htdocs\kordil_edms\qs_functions.php(5) : eval()'d code(3) : eval()'d code on line 32

I've used various tests to verify that I can connect to MySQL and it sure seems to be working on the server.

Is it possible that I need to use an older version of the XAMPP stack?

Thanks for any help.

• Harun Karaman

Harun Karaman - 2013-03-06

Please make sure you configured mysql setings in qs_connection.php. Also make sure you uploaded the .sql file to the database. It cannot be anyting else.

• Suresh

Suresh - 2013-06-07

How to install it on Windows Server 2003 R2 Edtion.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks