How to restrict a user?

Adrian
2011-07-14
2014-01-28
  • Adrian

Adrian - 2011-07-14

I read that a user cannot be restricted by department. but how can i restrict a user to see only project A documents?… Not all users have to read all the documents. Or….what another kind of restriction on read documents can do on users?

• Harun Karaman

Harun Karaman - 2011-07-31

For that, you need another installation specific to the department.

You  can create a Kordil EDMS for each project and with one index file that directs users to it.

You can review this site . You will see the website, and one installation, and another one.

http://www.iyidere.com

• Danilo Dela Rosa

Thanks for the info. however, i checked and tried to used the website (hhtp://www.lyidere.com) that you said but, unfortunately, my log in was "failed". is it possible to give me the complete installer of this? Please reply !!! Many thanks !!!

• LOVE

LOVE - 2014-01-28

Good Question adrian!!! that is what i was looking for :)

so mr.Harun we would have to create 2 databases or 3 data bases for each of the restrictions right?
    &
    how to link two or more than 2 EDMS in one index file would please explain this for us we will be very thankful of you...

Regards,

• LOVE

LOVE - 2014-01-28

I got your point Mr.Harun i have tried. it is fine, you meant to create different databases as per over organization`s requirements. if we want to more restriction as per our requirements so we will have to go through this way which is define by Mr.Harun.

• LOVE

LOVE - 2014-01-28

Mr. Harun there are 2 directories in the database Main and sub but i can`t use those directories in the website would you please explain these because in the document directories i had define the main and sub already ...

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks