Menu

Introducing COBOL/400 IBM extensions in cobol.kg

Help
2015-08-18
2015-08-19
  • Vincent BIACHE

Vincent BIACHE - 2015-08-18

Hello,

I'm using Koopa for a internal project a reverse documentation and impact analysis tool of all COBOL code running on our AS/400 box (5K source files, 2,5M lines of code). I've decided to integrate all the extensions introduced by IBM into the cobol.kg grammar.

So far so good, I'm slowly lowering the number of parsing errors caused by these extensions, but I was wondering about the best way to give back the modifications I have inserted into the core grammar file, so that other users can benefit from them, and that I can also make sure I will be able to use newer versions of Koopa without going through these extensions again.

Also, I have a problem with the COPY statement. It seems it cannot be extended into the cobol.kg file. Am I missing something here ? As an example, this sentence is not correctly parsed today :

COPY DDS-FORAVOP   OF  FXFORAVOP 
             WITH NULL-KEY-MAP WITH NULL-MAP.

The two WITHs are clearly causing the problem.

Can you give me any suggestion ?

Thanks,
    Vincent

• KrisDS

KrisDS - 2015-08-18

Others have shared their modifications through a simple patch file. If you can create that I should be able to integrate it. Do note that I only accept changes if you're willing to share them under the same license as Koopa.

The COPY statement is defined in CobolPreprocessing.kg; which gets used by the preprocessor. Not sure what the problem is, and I won't be able to check until sometime next week.

Kris

• Vincent BIACHE

Vincent BIACHE - 2015-08-19

Thanks for your answer Kris

Of course, that was always my intention. Not sure though what form this patch file should take. I will keep on working on the extensions, you can tell me about the best way to do it later.

Found it for the COPY statement, problem is coming from the WITH clauses, it is solved but i'm not sure it is in the most elegant way. I will try to investigate.

Thanks,
    Vincent