Building Koopa - Font issue with V187, missing classes in V165

Help
mahesh
2015-01-20
2015-01-20
  • mahesh

mahesh - 2015-01-20

Kris,

To understand Koopa better, I am trying to build Koopa from the SVN source using NetBeans 7.4. I would like to build it preferably using Netbeans instead of command line ANT.

1. The latest version on SVN is V187. I am able to build it using NetBeans, but it seems this version is not yet fully regression tested. When I run app.Koopa the JTextPane on the Details Panel comes with "wrong Font family and size" instead of expected Courier 14. So the code alignments are completely off. Even code highlighting and parsing seems to have some issues, but I can confirm it once the font issue is resolved and I am able to visualize the parsed code

2. Because of the above issue with V187, I took V165 (same version as the current stable version of the JAR file available for download on SF and tried to build it.
      a. There are couple of issues with the SVN extract. The code seems to be spread across folders rather than just the SRC folder. It seems I have to copy source code from SRC, COBOL, APP and GRAMMAR folders from the CODE folder.
      b. Even after putting together the code, I am getting missing class errors like
      koopa.app.components.grammarview.GrammarView.java -> missing koopa.grammars.generator.KGLexer
      koopa.app.components.outline.CobolOutlineTreeProcessor.java -> missing CobolOutlineTreeParser
      etc

Thanks for your help.
    Mahesh

• KrisDS

KrisDS - 2015-01-20

Mahesh,

I'm sorry, but I'm no Netbeans user, so there is little I can do to help you out. I'm also not interested in setting up a separate build system. Why can't you use ANT from Netbeans ?

Regarding the different source folders: Koopa needs to be built in a series of steps. Roughly put: island parser generators first, then the Cobol parser, and then everything else. You can't do it all in one go.

As for the missing classes: some of these need to get generated by ANTLR. This is something the ANT build sets up for you.

My recommendation would be to try and get the ANT build triggered by Netbeans, rather then recreating the build system. If only so you don't have to keep maintaining your own version of building Koopa...

Kris

• mahesh

mahesh - 2015-01-20

Thanks Kris.

Will try running the Ant Build from NB.

I tried to build V165 using 'Ant Build' from command line. and getting the following error:

[javac]                             ^
    [javac] D:\MyCode\VersionControls\svn\KoopaStable\code\src\koopa\trees\antlr

\CommonKoopaToken.java:39: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] if (token.hasTag(AreaTag.COMMENT))
    [javac] ^
    [javac] symbol: variable AreaTag
    [javac] location: class CommonKoopaToken

-Mahesh

• KrisDS

KrisDS - 2015-01-20

Please try building the latest version. I checked today, and that one should work fine.