Menu

Cobol Testsuite

KrisDS
2015-03-02
2015-03-06
  • KrisDS

KrisDS - 2015-03-02

Hello all,

I would like to expand the testsuite of Cobol code which is available in Koopa right now. Finding free and open source code is, however, not trivial when it comes to Cobol.

I was wondering if people here would be willing to share (possibly redacted) samples of Cobol code they own under a permissive license. If you own Cobol code, would you consider sharing representative samples ? What kind of licenses would be acceptable ? What might hold you back ?

Where else might I go looking to expand the testsuite ?

Any input here would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Kris

• Inaki GE

Inaki GE - 2015-03-03

Hi,
    I have tested Koopa with an operative program consisting of several Cobol files (5.890 .cbl files + 28.820 .cpy files) and it works nice. The only issue is related to the COPY REPLACING statement.

If you want to test any functionality, I have no problem in doing it. Also I can provide you some sample files so that you can test it.

Best regards.

• KrisDS

KrisDS - 2015-03-04

Inaki,

Thanks for those numbers. That info is already very satisfying to have. :-)

Would you be willing to share some samples publicly, perhaps under a Creative Commons license ?

Cheers,

Kris

• Inaki GE

Inaki GE - 2015-03-06

Hi again,
    If you want to test some specific statements, let me know to search them through the files and send you some examples.

Also if you need some examples files, let me know to provide them to you.

A far as I have tested with some example files, COPY REPLACING is working well. However there are now issues with XML GENERATE statement (see ticket #52).

When it solves, I will execute again Koopa for all my files. I will let you know if all issues disappear.

Thank you.
    Regards.