Menu

Text editing suspended on -some- pages

Help
2017-01-27
2017-01-28
  • Elden DuRand

Elden DuRand - 2017-01-27

This is my first post on this forum so be patient.

After trying several editors, including Friont Page, I've been using Komposer for several years now. I like it a lot but, within the last six months or so, I will get a message that editing is suspended. The message is: "Alert This page cannot be edited for some unknown reason." I can still change fonts, insert images, create links, etc. but some text editing is suspended.

This only happens on some pages. When I first open a new page, everything works fine but, sometimes, after having expanded it, the error occurs. After the error appears, it is persistent.

I started using Kompozer when I was running XP. The problem started some time after upgrading to WIN 7, 32 bit and still exists after going to the 64 bit version (as if that would change anything)..

I am able to work around the problem but, since it doesn't allow cut and paste, etc. which makes revising pages (which I do almost daily) difficult.

Is there any fix for this?

Thanks!

• TexTech

TexTech - 2017-01-27

I, too, have been using KompoZer for many years. Too poor to afford something supported. You sound like you have been using KompoZer extensively. I have not encountered this problem. At first blush, it seems that there is not enough information to try and troubleshoot it. I am not sure what additional information is needed, so you may have just tell more. The only thing I can think of is to check the permissions on the program and directory.

• TexTech

TexTech - 2017-01-28

Which version of KompoZer are you using?