Menu

slots do not display

2007-02-05
2013-04-23
  • philippe Laublet

hi,

I have a problem. For somme annotations (only some),the slots do not display in the knowtator window or in the instance window. I can see that there are for example five slots mais nothing appear. I (My students in fact) have moved some classes in the hierachy.
    The names of some classes have changed. Curiously tha nnotations seems good and the annotated class is correct. Curiously, yet it does not work even for new annotations . Can somebody helps me ?
    best regards
    philippe laublet

• Kevin Cohen

Kevin Cohen - 2007-02-06

Hi, Philippe,

If you change the slots that are associated with a class, the new slots will only appear for annotations that you make *after* you do the change--they do not update retroactively for old instances of that class.

Having said that, I'm surprised that you are not seeing the new slots with *new* annotations, either.  Can you give a more specific description of what you are doing and what you are seeing?

Kev

• Philip Ogren

Philip Ogren - 2007-02-06

I have never run into this phenomenon.  My guess - without knowing more details - is that this is happening in the class definitions.  Suppose you define a class "ClassA" with a slot "Slot1" and then you create a subclass of "ClassA" called "ClassB".  "ClassB" will inherit "Slot1" and thus annotations of "ClassB" will provide the "Slot1" slot.  However, if you move "ClassB" to somewhere else in the hierarchy - out from under "ClassA", then it will no longer inherit "Slot1".  This means that new annotations of "ClassB" will not provide the "Slot1" slot.  Let me know if this is what is going or not.  If not, please provide additional details or project files.