Program doesn't install

David Hall
2008-02-22
2013-03-17
  • David Hall

David Hall - 2008-02-22

I just downloaded KMLCSV-installer-2.0.0.exe.  I ran the installer and double clicked on the icon.  The resulting desktop icon points to
    C:\Program Files\Choon-Chern Lim\KMLCSV Converter\kmlcsv.jar

I thought that was odd but I unzipped the .jar file.  The only exe file is uninstall.exe.  Is something missing? 

• Choon-Chern Lim (Mike)

When you double click the desktop icon, it will launch the program automatically. The path you listed is correct.

It is highly possible your JRE in your machine is not set up properly. I highly recommend you to download the latest JRE from http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp ... I'm currently seeing "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 4" listed there... try this, then double click the desktop icon again.

Let me know if you still have problem

• David Hall

David Hall - 2008-02-22

That worked.  Thanks...I think.  I am almost certain I have never had Java Runtime Environment on any of my computers.  Should that be listed as a requirement in your directions?  The reason I think I have never had it is that it has the clumsiest installation routine I've ever seen.  I should remember something like that. 

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks