how can i move the zim file without having to regenerate the index file(s)?

Help
Anonymous
2013-05-06
2013-05-10
  • Anonymous - 2013-05-06

or, alternatively, how can I (re-)associate the index files/folder with a zim file that i've moved, or which has otherwise become disassoicated with the index files/folder?

this is a fantastic resource, and i'd like to make it available as broadly as possible among my friends and family. but, for the full english wikipedia (10gb) it took my macbook pro over 24 hours to generate the index (the postlist.db and termlist.db files are 8gb and 6.7gb, respectively), so i can't be regenerating the index all the time.

i'm using Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and i've read this thread: Kiwix on a Windows+Mac USB stick (http://sourceforge.net/p/kiwix/discussion/604121/thread/5ece4ee4/), but could not make it work. specifically, my library.xml file did not contain the entry:

indexPath=”/Volumes/USB-stick-name/…../data/index/Wikipedia_de_all_05_2012.zim.idx”

thanks in advance...

• Emmanuel Engelhart

It's for now, not easy at all to migrate fulltext search indexes. This is something we want to fix. The best I can advise is:
    1 - Download a pre-indexed version (zip) files
    2 - Install the kiwix
    dmg
    3 - Move or copy the "data" directory in "/Applications/Kiwix.app/Contents/". 4 - You will probably need to go to the Kiwix "library" to load the ZIM content.

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks