This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:

On September 8th, 2012, 8:10 a.m., Michel Ludwig wrote:


I'd also suggest to give the user the power to override our bib tool detection by adding a new entry to the "Build" menu with a submenu that would allow to choose between "auto-detect", "BibTeX", or "Biblatex" (similar to the "Live Preview" entry). The chosen settings could then be stored in LaTeXOutputHandler as well (which might also need a new name now as it refers to pre-compilation settings as well then :)

On September 8th, 2012, 3:04 p.m., Eugene Shalygin wrote:

This is a good idea! Sould I change class 'KileTool::Manager' to add function like 'bibliographyTool()' or should I add class 'BibliographyManager' (similar to 'LivePreviewManager')?
I would add a 'createActions' method to 'KileTool::Manager' which sets up a 'KSelectAction' that allows to choose between the different bibtool modes, and then also add slots like 'updateBibliographyToolMenu', 'bibtexToolSelected', ... to 'KileTool::Manager'.

I've added the signal 'currentLaTeXOutputHandlerChanged(LaTeXOutputHandler*)' to 'KileErrorHandler', which you can use to update the menu whenever the current document/project changes.

- Michel

On September 7th, 2012, 10:14 p.m., Eugene Shalygin wrote:

Review request for Kile.
By Eugene Shalygin.

Updated Sept. 7, 2012, 10:14 p.m.


As we can detect what backend is used by Biblatex only when it prints it out, we need to store that information for next updates of bibliography

This patch use dirty approach: it just stores this as dynamic property of TextInfo object and uses it afterwards. I believe we must store this information somewhere or parse \usepackage{biblatex}.
Maybe in the future Biblatex will provide some other setup commands for specifiyng backend which will be needed to parse also.
I understand, that dynamic property is not the best place to store it. From the other hand, it is kind of local information in this approach, because property name is not used outside.


Manual testing
Bugs: 268047


  • src/documentinfo.h (27ad09f)
  • src/documentinfo.cpp (2c3a3bb)
  • src/kileproject.h (e77035a)
  • src/kileproject.cpp (dd4087d)
  • src/kilestdtools.cpp (0c6e5f0)
  • src/outputinfo.h (096c708)
  • src/outputinfo.cpp (8d18adc)

View Diff