Highlight of footnotes?

kile
Igor Mayor
2006-01-12
2012-07-03
  • Igor Mayor

Igor Mayor - 2006-01-12

Hi,

it'd be very nice if someone could tell me how I could highlight the TEXT WITHIN the {...} in \footnote{}

I guess I must change anything in /usr/share/apps/katepart/syntax/latex.xml...

• Peter Ansell

Peter Ansell - 2006-03-25

Changing the following line in the file you specified:

<RegExpr String="\\(label|pageref|ref|vpageref|vref|cite)(?=[^a-zA-Z])" attribute="Structure" context="Label"/>

to

<RegExpr String="\\(label|pageref|ref|vpageref|vref|cite|footnote)(?=[^a-zA-Z])" attribute="Structure" context="Label"/>

may be what you desire.

• Ben Dare

Ben Dare - 2010-01-12

That's very helpful for highlighting text, but if you have a <\cite{}> in the
    footnote then it screws the whole thing up as it makes the end of the citation
    the end of the footnote, possibly removes the command function of the \cite,
    and leaves any text left hanging with a loose "}" to be picked up in an error
    message when you build the file.

How about experimenting with the

<itemData name="Footnote Text" defStyleNum="dsNormal" color="#000000" selColor="#FFFFFF" bold="0" italic="0"/>

line instead. For example <italic="1"> will make the contents of the whole
    footnote display italics, but will not affect the output of the file.

• Ben Dare

Ben Dare - 2010-01-12

And if you change the defStyleNum to "dsAlert" then all footnote contents will
    be highlighted red.

• Ben Dare

Ben Dare - 2010-01-12

Ahh, ignore me. you should be able to do it through Configure Kile - Editor -
    Fonts... - Highlighting