Menu

AMD FX-51 RedHat Enterprise WS 3 kile problem

kile
Anonymous
2004-09-01
2012-07-03
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-09-01

I am trying to get kile setup on an AMD FX-51 running RedHat Enterprise 3 WS x86_64. When I try to configure the source tree I get a message indicating that there are no KDE libraries installed. This is not correct since I did a fresh install of RHEL selecting the KDE environment and KDE development packages.

I tried

kde-config --prefix

which produced

/usr

The configure command I used was

./configure --prefix=/usr --with-qt-libs=/usr/lib64/qt-3

(since I had already determined that I needed to find the qt libraries)

I did a find for kde3 and got /usr/lib64/kde3 but using that with --prefix for configure did not work either.

I have installed kile 1.6.1 on an Intel 32bit Xeon system with RedHat Enterprise 3 WS using the fedora core 1 RPM but that RPM did not work on the 64 bit AMD system.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-09-10

I have the same probelm under mandrake 10.  any help would be much aprreciated.  seems like kile configure wants to find 32 bit QT and KDE files rahter than using the 64 versions installed.

• Jeroen Wijnhout

Jeroen Wijnhout - 2004-09-11

Someone posted the same question to the kile-devel mailinglist a week ago. In the end he did find a solution.  Please search the archives for his solution.

It could very well be that the configure script of kile-1.6.3 is not 64 bit ready. Kile uses the standard KDE technology to produce the configure script. I expect the configure script for kile-1.7 to give less problems.

best,
        Jeroen