Using a Vim part in Kile

kile
2004-07-27
2012-07-03
  • Jo Vermeulen
    Jo Vermeulen
    2004-07-27

Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to use a Vim part as the Kile editor? How can I configure this?

Thanks in advance,

--
    Jo Vermeulen

• Despite many requests of users, this is not possible. I don't have the time to do it (also I don't use ViM, which makes it hard to test it anyway).

best,
      Jeroen

• Gour
        Gour
        2004-11-17

>Despite many requests of users, this is not >possible. I don't have the time to do it (also I >don't use ViM, which makes it hard to test it >anyway).

Is there any plan to make Kile part-aware since there is development of e.g. yzis (www.yzis.org) which should be easier to embed and it already works within KDevelop?

Sincerely,
        Gour

• Kile is KPart aware, but not very flexible. That is, only the KatePart can be used. It should be possible to make Kile more flexible, but remember that not all editor parts implement the same functionality as Kate.

Due to lack of resources (i.e. coders) there are no plans to make Kile completely KTextEditor part aware. If you can find someone to do is, great, we will help him to get the job done.

best,
          Jeroen