Windows version?

redice.li
2006-01-13
2013-04-25
  • redice.li

redice.li - 2006-01-13

Is there any plan to port Kiax to M$ windows? I'm not insterested in M$, but some of my friend still use it. I have success to build kiax in both windows and linux  using scons build system.

I like to post the patches if there is a plan to do this, or I had to fork a kiax-win?

• Emo

Emo - 2006-01-13

kiax compiles without major changes on qt3 for windows(a small change in the kiaxsystray). however qt3 does not have a GPL license (qt4 has it already).A legal port for windows would mean a port for qt4, which is planned, but delayed, as everything else because of lack of free time.. I would really appreciate any help on porting to qt4, i myself would be glad to see it on windows, legally..

• djsb

djsb - 2006-02-08

What compiler have you used to compile it to windows? Is there any compiler from the free world that can compile it?

I guess i'll be willing to take some sleeping hours to port it to qt4. Is there yet any work done?

cheers,
      --
      djsb

• Emo

Emo - 2006-02-09

I used MinGW and an evaluation copy of qt3-windows, then modified only the kiaxsystemtray.cpp to replace the code for docking in the system tray.

I played to see how I can port it to qt4, but at the end the code really gets very messy, qt has chaged quite a lot although they keep a kind of "compatibility" layer.

Emil

• djsb

djsb - 2006-02-09

Is qt4 gpl? Can it be used on windows platforms as well?

• Emo

Emo - 2006-02-09

yes, it is GPL and has lin, mac and windows versions.

• djsb

djsb - 2006-02-09

And i assume QT3 does not have the windows version under gpl. Is that correct?

I'm starting today the porting effort of the kiax_pre_0.8.5 to qt4.

I'll keep this forum informed about the status of the work.

cheers,

• Emo

Emo - 2006-02-09

if you need any help on the code, any problem, question, comment, etc, please feel free to ask. I am online usually the whole day.

• djsb

djsb - 2006-02-15

I have done the first working version of kiax compiling against qt4. To whom shall i send it?

• Emo

Emo - 2006-02-15

great! will be glad to test it. send it to emosto at web dot de please.

Emo

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks