Help save net neutrality! Learn more.
Close

iax to iax connections( no pbx ) possible?

Doug LaRue
2008-08-27
2013-04-25
  • Doug LaRue

Doug LaRue - 2008-08-27

I've been looking to see if on a local LAN, I can make an IAX to IAX based connection.  Out in the field, I have a temporary wireless IP network setup and I'd like to setup a communications channel between the two laptops. Eventually, the laptops will go away and we'll be using a small battery powered embedded kit and so no GUI will eventually be the route.

anyone know if an IAX2 based softphone can connect and communicate directly to another IAX2 based softphone?  Thanks.

If so, I'll probably try the tk version first since it was stated that it could be run from commandline.

• Emo

Emo - 2008-08-27

Hi Doug,

Yes, you can ring a softphone in your lan without asterisk. Just provide as server address the target softphone IP. Later, we'll be integrating also URL handling in the contact list so you can enter a contact in the form of iax url which will allow to enter your softphone ip directly as a contact and escape asterisk.

Cheers,
      Emil

• Emo

Emo - 2008-08-27

forgot to mention that url contact functionality is already available in the 0.8.x version so you can enter a URL as contact extension and call your softphone directly.

Cheers,
      Emil