SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

raw data

Anonymous
2013-05-21
2013-05-23
  • Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-05-21

Hello and thank you for this software. Here is a scenario I hope you might help me with. If I have a corpus of paragraphs that KHcoder has processed and each paragraph has associated variables as well as "hits" for a set of codes, can a spreadsheet be produced that would place each paragraph with its associated variables and codes on a single row of a CSV file? Of course, I already have the source file with the paragraphs and the variables in it--just looking for an easy way to add columns for code hits to that original source file. A local statistician is interested in conducting some additional types of analysis on the data I have. Thank you.

Last edit: Anonymous 2013-05-21
  • HIGUCHI Koichi

HIGUCHI Koichi - 2013-05-22

Hello and thank you for the post!

The export function of KH Coder maybe useful for you. In the menubar, go to [Tools] [Coding] [Export Document-Code Matrix] [CSV Files].

But please note that in the exported matrix, each row represents a paragraph and each column represents a code. So you may have to transpose the matrix. You can do this with excel:
    http://just-excel.blogspot.jp/2009/05/transpose-matrix.html

And you may have to do some additional transformations of the data. Pasting the variables and gathering code information into one row, etc.

Hope it helps.
    Best regards,

Last edit: HIGUCHI Koichi 2013-05-22
  • Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-05-22

Big help! thanks and sorry for not having tried that. Tom

• HIGUCHI Koichi

HIGUCHI Koichi - 2013-05-23

Thank you for your post!

No problem at all. Good luck with your analysis.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments